General surgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on abdominal contents including oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, appendix and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland. They also deal with diseases involving the skin, breast, soft tissue, trauma, Peripheral artery disease and hernias and perform endoscopic procedures such as gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
At Euracare, most procedures are performed using minimally invasive techniques. The benefits of minimally invasive surgery over “traditional”, open surgery are many and significant:
- Small incisions, few incisions, or no incision
- Less pain
- Low risk of infection
- Short hospital stays
- Quick recovery time
- Less scarring
- Reduced blood loss
- Endoscopic gastrointestinal procedures include colonoscopy & sigmoidoscopy (focused on the colon) and proctoscopy (focused on the anal cavity, rectum or sigmoid colon).
- Certain gastrointestinal conditions can also be best addressed through upper gastrointestinal surgery.
Conditions and Procedures
- Haemorrhoids and rectal bleeding
- Bile & Bile duct
- Gastrointestinal cancers (Surgical Oncology)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Reflux disease GERD
Tests and Diagnostics
- Clinical Laboratory